Thursday, February 14, 2013

Who The F#%k Are: Wild Belle


I've been on a Songza kick lately.  It's a great service.  Sometimes I know exactly what I want to listen to, other times, not so much.  That's when I defer to the Songza music concierge.  Tonight, I was looking for something a little downtempo, to unwind and read a bit.  Boom!  Into my lap falls a great band from Chicago, Wild Belle.  Needless to say, I didn't end up reading at all (hence what you're reading).

This brother-and-sister due have a sound that's a mix of Specials and English Beat grooves and Santigold meets Lana Del Rey vocals.  And how about that sax? Killer!  The fact that they're from Chicago was a complete but pleasant surprise.  They only have two songs released at the moment, but a debut album, Isles, is slated for release on March 12th.  So get on your best pork-pie hat and braces on and check out Wild Belle.





Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment