Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bloc Party Stutter Back Into The Light

I wasn't sure what to expect when news of a new Bloc Party record surfaced.  I had loved their debut Silent Alarm, have a like/hate relationship with A Weekend In The City and just didn't get the direction they took with Intimacy (but I think it's due for a re-visit).  Today, the first single from the band's upcoming album Four was released.  The track is called 'Octopus' and I must say, I wasn't immediately grabbed, but I've been listening to it most of the day and it's growing on me.  Jangly stuttered guitar over a driving beat and falsetto vocals give way to a super catchy chorus complete with "ooh ooh" backing vocals.  Not sure about the guitar "solo" though.  But the real question is: does anyone else think it looks weird seeing Kele Okereke wearing a baseball cap?



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment