Sunday, July 1, 2012

Canadian Bacon

If you stop by periodically (or daily - wink wink, nudge nudge) you know that I write (read: ramble) a lot about bands that are predominantly British.  It's just my musical DNA I suppose.  Well, today is Canada Day here in the Great White North and I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite songs by Canadian artists.  While compiling these ten tracks, I realized it would be virtually impossible for me to narrow the list down to just ten, so think of this as the tip of the iceberg.  It also goes to show that Canada is more than just Justin Bieber and Theory Of A Nickelfault.

The Stills - 'Still In Love Song' (2003)




Odds - 'Make You Mad' (1996)




Metric - 'Monster Hospital' (2005)




Sloan - 'People Of The Sky' (1994)




Limblifter - 'Tinfoil' (1996)




Pluto 'When She Was Happy' (1996)




The Grapes Of Wrath - 'I Am Here' (1991)




The Inbreds - 'Any Sense Of Time' (1994)


Tristan Psionic - 'Promise' (2000)




The Gandharvas - 'The First Day Of Spring' (1995)


Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. No Rush, dude?
    I mean, I know porg-roick isn't exactly your thing, but still! The quintessential Canadian band (with Canada's own Drum God) isn't featured? For shame, sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I can appreciate Rush and all that they've done for Canadian rock, they're not at the top of my 'most played' list.

      Delete