Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Julian Plenti Is... Paul Banks

Tonight, I'm absorbing the new solo album by Interpol's Paul Banks, simply titled Banks.  I'll admit, I was sort of half expecting the worst.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  The reason for my skepticism is due in part to the unattainable height that Interpol's debut Turn On The Bright Lights set the bar at.  There are times during Banks where I think to myself "this could be an Interpol song" and other times when it seems perfectly justified to be a solo project.  Having discarded the nom de plume/alter-ego that was Julian Plenti seems to have liberated Banks.  Check out the first single 'The Base' below.  Banks is released October 23nd via Matador Records.





In other Interpol news, the band are prepping for the anniversary edition of the aforementioned debut.  Yes, as old as it makes me feel, Turn On The Bright Lights is a decade old.  The album gets the full reissue treatment on November 19th, also through Matador.



Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment